I’ve always been curious as to whether I’m getting the most value out of my lipsticks – I can’t tell whether some are rather pricey despite the small volume, or cheap precisely because of the volume. With this in mind, I started punching numbers to find out how much my lipsticks were worth per gram.
The first part of this series focuses on my bullet lipsticks, while more on liquid ones will come later.
DISCLAIMER: Some of these numbers may not be wholly accurate due to differences in prices – I obtained these prices from either official brand websites, other retailers, or individual sellers on selling platforms. Prices are also listed in SGD (Singapore dollars).
- Aritaum Wonder Stay Stick Tint: SGD 2.86 ($12, 4.2g)
- RiRe Luxe Glow Lipstick: SGD 3.14 ($11, 3.5g)
- banila co. Kiss Collector Luster: SGD 4.88 ($20.50, 4.2g)
- 3CE Mood Recipe Matte Lip Color: SGD 5.11 ($17.90, 3.5g)
- TFS Moisture Touch Lipstick: SGD 5.85 ($19.90, 3.4g)
- Etude House Dear My Matte Tinting Lip-Talk: SGD 5.97 ($17.90, 3g)
- moonshot – lipfeat: SGD 8.29 ($29, 3.5g)
- Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Lipstick: SGD 9.71 ($33, 3.4g)
- shu uemura rouge unlimited supreme matte: SGD 11.18 ($38, 3.4g)
- Lancôme L’ Absolu Rouge: SGD 11.43 ($48, 4.2g)
Did any of these come as a surprise to you? Comment and let me know!