This is my first ever LANEIGE cushion – I got really addicted to using my IOPE one, so I didn’t really get around to using this often. I started trying this when my first IOPE refill was running out, so here I am with my LANEIGE cushion review!
Skin becomes untidy within one hour of wearing makeup due to excessive sebum secretion and sweat!
Make your skin look clean and smooth all day long by keeping skin moisturized inside and matte outside with refreshing BB cushion that controls excessive sebum while maintaining moisture.
1. Keeps skin moisturized inside and matte outside for long hours by selectively controlling only oil: The two-step oil control system makes skin look matte without any taut feel inside skin by strongly controlling oil and by providing moisture.
2. Makes skin look bright and smooth by blurring pores and uneven skin texture!: The blurring layer, which reflects the penetrated light, makes skin look smooth and bright by covering pores and uneven skin texture.
3. The ultra-light texture keeps skin fresh all day long!: The cotton candy powder in ultra-light texture with good permeability gives a refreshing feel that lasts long hours.
Official Retail Price in Singapore: SGD 59
WATER / AQUA / EAU, ZINC OXIDE (NANO), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (NANO), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, NIACINAMIDE, NYLON-12, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, FRAGRANCE / PARFUM, STEARIC ACID, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/STEARYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SILICA, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) EXTRACT, PINUS SYLVESTRIS LEAF EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, CHENOPODIUM QUINOA SEED EXTRACT, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, CALCIUM CHLORIDE, MANGANESE SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE
Some key ingredients:
- Sodium chloride: Softening for skin when used in moderation, potential irritant
- Butylene glycol: potential irritant
- Fragrance: potential irritant
- Peppermint extract: Revitalize skin
- Pinus sylvestris leaf extract: Antioxidant
- Zinc oxide: sun protection
I think the first thing that hit me when I first used this product was the strong metal smell – anyone experienced the same thing too?
Packaging: It resembles IOPE’s (no duh, same parent company), but this feels bulkier and not quite as… compact? I do agree the iridescent lid is pretty, but when I compare it to others of a similar price, I feel like it just doesn’t fare as well in this aspect.
Colour: 21 is my normal go-to shade, but I feel like this one is a tad too fair for me. Also, what is up with the marketing material that labels this shade ‘normal Asian’s skin’? Not very nice to label other darker/fairer skin shades as abnormal leh. Also, why is 23 considered ‘tanned’??
Staying power: This product is supposed to keep your skin feeling fresh all long day, but I honestly didn’t feel like this worked as I expected it to. I saw the BB cream start to oxidize after a few hours, and this process accelerated when I was out in the hot sun.
Coverage: As with most cushions, you shouldn’t expect this to cover all your bumps and acne scarring. I have to say though, my blemishes looked even worse when I was in a dry air-conditioned room, like my pores were all enlarged, dry, and my skin SO OILY!
I know this cushion won quite a number of awards but no, this really didn’t work out that well for me.
Of course, this BB cushion is not without its merits. I do appreciate the brightening effect that most BB creams provide, but other than that, I can’t say I’m a fan of this. I think I’ll stick to my IOPE cushion instead.
Colour payoff: ✮✮✮
Ease of use: ✮✮✮✮
Staying power: ✮✮
Value for money: ✮✮